You run a successful healthcare organization.
Patients are happy, teams are happy, and the employee retention rate has never been better.
Sound too good to be true? That’s because, for many of you, it probably is. Let’s just be honest. For most of us, the above vision might not be reality just yet, and you might be discovering that an improved employee retention rate is more difficult to achieve than it sounds.
Difficult? Yes. Crucial? Absolutely. Easy? Well, maybe not.
That said, especially in healthcare, employee retention is one of the most important elements to success. Replacing employees is costly, and high turnover rates can be detrimental to continuity of care and overall quality. Keeping those leading employees will put you ahead of the competition, as you strive to provide excellent care and services for patients.
If you’re struggling with employee retention and a high turnover rate, here are the 10 questions to ask your employees, via CEU360.com.
- Do you agree with the mission of this organization?
- Does your manager inspire you?
- Do you feel teamwork is practiced among your coworkers?
- Are your coworkers held accountable for the work they produce?
- Do you feel valued for the work that you do?
- Are the amount of work and the pace of work you are required to perform reasonable?
- Do you feel information is shared openly and communication is encouraged?
- Do you receive the training you need to perform your job well?
- Do you have the tools you need to perform your job efficiently?
- Do you have adequate opportunities for professional growth and development?
By asking employees these kinds of questions, you’ll be able to resolve organizational problems and challenges and tackle employee concerns. Be sure to keep the survey anonymous to allow your employees to feel comfortable expressing themselves openly and honestly. Remember, though, it’s not enough to simply ask your employees about their thoughts and concerns; you must also address them. After you’ve received responses, be sure to create and implement a plan of action to better meet your employees’ needs.
Contact us, and discover how we can collaborate with you to develop leaders that will raise the benchmark, leading others to success. Who do you need to complete your team?